Friday, October 17, 2008

Holy Cow, I Neglected You!

Things have been busy around here lately! I'm so sorry I haven't posted anything. I say this as if people are actually anxiously awaiting my updates....how vain am I...lol!

Well we are still pregnant! That'ds always a good thing. I had a doctors appontment (DA) early this week with a ultrasouns (u/s). They couldn't really see anything int he u/s because I wasn't far enough along, but they saw enough to measure a bit, and just little enough to make me panic...lol.

I had my hCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) levels drawn on Tuesday and was to get results on Wednesday.....that didn't happen, they took enough blood but ut it in the wrong vile and were not able to use it. So I had to go in on Wednesday for another draw and they marked it "stat" and I had my results of the first draw, the base line in an hour. It was 7,748! Just a note, I'm only 5 weeks or so, and the average for that week of pregnancy is 18 - 7,340, I'm above average!

I had my second draw today, the number in a normal healthy pregnancy will have doubled in the 48 hours between blood draws. And they have! They are at 14,189! Woo Hoo!!!

So far things are going great, so much so that I am hosting a Due Date Club for moms due in June 2009, on the great BabyZone and I'm really excited about it because I have been using this site since 2003 when I found out I was pregnant with Paige. It's pretty much why I haven't been around, I've been trying to get my bearings over there. I promise I won't leave you hanging this long anymore!

I'm off to clean and find something to eat!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy! :)