Monday, November 17, 2008

First Impressions.

On Saturday I wasn't feeling well, and not in a pregnant kind of way. I was sure I was getting strep. Something all the other members of the family managed to dodge when Paige brought it home from pre-k.

I had an eye doctors appointment that morning I wasn't going to miss, because Alex's was right after mine and if I rescheduled one he would want me to do both and I wasn't waiting another month for a Saturday appointment there. Luckily they didn't dilate my eyes, because I'm early on in the pregnancy so one of us was able to drive when we were through. Alex on the other hands looked rather humorous trying to read the prices on the frames in the lobby, I often had to go up and help him as he brought it closer, then further away from his face...squinting. Poor guy.

We zipped off to a local Minute Clinic when we'd both picked out glasses, to find out what was wrong with me. Medically...not mentally.

I didn't think about it at the time, but Alex and I must have been quite the sight. His eyes were dilated to "cartoon character" levels and I looked like I had track marks on my arm from all the blood thats been drawn from me over the past 2 months. I even remember for not particular reason telling the nurse, while she took my blood pressure, how I was surprised I was always bruised on that arm and not my other, laughing about it and yapping away. Just like a druggie would do when trying to cover something up.

I'm sure they were extra pleased to find out the addicts were pregnant.

I don't think I'll be going back there any time soon.

The Strep Test by the way, was positive...but I'm getting better!

No comments: