Monday, February 23, 2009

I've Been Bitten


Metaphorically speaking of course.

I've finally gotten caught up in the madness that is Twilight, a little book series by Stephanie Meyer, for those of you further behind then me.

On a whim yesterday I picked up the first book at Target, I sat down to read it, finding a book to be a better alternative then my current iPhone obsession. I noticed every few minutes when I would look down I was 30 or so pages further then the last time. Was I really plowing through this book so fast? I'm a quick reader...but really?

It reached a point where I wouldn't get off the bed, and if I absolutely had to, I walked through the house, nose in book. 3.5 hours into reading and over half the book done I was quite irritated to have to stop due the constant phone ringing and obvious need for food, I am after all pregnant..

After a short break, I went back to my post in my bed and finished off the book. 6 hours it took total. When it was done, at about 10pm I looked at the clock contemplating. Alex must have seen the look on my face as asked "You can't be serious?" - he knew I was trying to figure out if I should go to Wal-Mart for book 2 then, or in the morning. I decided to wait.

When morning came, I ran to Wal-Mart, nearly running people over. When I finally cornered into the book section I was horrified to see they only had book 3. What was I going to do with that!? I needed book two! (though I did buy book 3, I mean I'll need it eventually!) I scrambled to my car and across the road to Target, literally ran down the isle to the book section and about fainted from relief when I realized that all 4 books were neatly stacked on a shelf. A woman looked at me as if I had lobsters crawling out of my ears, aparently she hasn't started the books yet.

I tossed the hard cover version of New Moon into my cart and headed for food...if I was going to read all day I needed it, and things that weren't going to take a lot of time to make....i.e - not so healthy. I grabbed OJ, dough nuts, fruit, shells and cheese and a coke. I needed the caffeine, I barely looked at my coffee this morning when I rant out the door straight from bed, last thing I needed was caffeine headache getting in the way of my precious books and I!

So now I'm off - to start book two, sitting here typing is bugging the crap out of me knowing it's sitting upstairs waiting....I'm off to Forks.

3 comments:

LeAnna said...

I just bought the first book last Firday on a Target trip to buy the next book in the shopaholics series. Though I was going to try and wait on starting the Twilight books until I get done with the series Im reading now, I dont know if Im going to be able to hold off now that I have read your post and you read the first book in 1 day!

Liesal said...

Don't feel bad at all and hate when the real world inturrupts my time with the Cullens! I got the books for my sister (who's 15 btw) for Christmas and I think I was more excited for them than she was. I read Breaking Dawn in a day and loved the series!

Chick von Pea said...

theyre brilliant arnt they? i read the first 3 in quick succession, im waiting for breaking dawn to come into paperback so i can have the series! i couldnt get the first two in HB so i had to but themin PB :(