Thursday, September 16, 2010

I Have Been Inspired...

Okay, not so much, more like I was reminded that I haven't posted about something that I was intending to post about. The wondrous "rkmama" who writes the blog My Super Kaduper Life (PS check it out she is my idol - if you like my dribble, she will make you laugh twice as hard! And she uses grammar and punctuation properly!) has begged and pleaded, NAY! She has DEMANDED I write about the Hunger Games.

Yea, so that didn't happen either but whatever. I'm blogging about something which means no one can complain I stopped...ANYWAY - The Hunger Games book series it is...

You would think that between Supernatural, Twilight, Harry Potter, My children, my husband (not necessarily in that order..... no seriously...come on..... I like Twilight WAY more then Supernatural....oh...shit....) I wouldn't have any more room in my little brain for another obsession....well, you my friend are wrong.

The Hunger Games book series by Suzanne Collins has wedged it way in there near the top right between Twilight and Supernatural. The coolest thing is I get to be apart of all of the "book love"! And no that's not some weird form of sex with books....book-a-phelia....okay now that's just wrong and I'm off track...."book love" is all that fun you have discussing and wondering about what will happen when said books become movies. When you are apart of the group of people who loved it before some hottie was in the lead roll and it was making millions at the box office. The Hunger Games is set to be made into a movie in 2013.

*CHOIR OF ANGELS*

Oddly, I was just dragging about the house in my I Heart Vampires t-shirt toting my copy of Deathly Hallows not 2 months ago horribly distraught over the fact that both Twilight and Harry Potter would be ending in 2013 and what , OH SWEET GOD WHAT would I do then!? Then POOF like a gift from the Obsession Fairy this blessed little trilogy has landed in my lap.

*Content sigh*

Sure I could just devote my life to my children and husband, and learning how to cook something with out burning it but really what kind of example would I be setting if I wasn't following through with my hard core obsession. My children would see me as a failure. Sure they would be better fed, but really. I have priorities.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for caving in to my demands! These books are so full of win, just like this post! I'm making Bill read them now and he LOVES them.
Also thanks for the lovely compliment and linkage! {Although I'm not really sure who you're referring to about the pRopr speling nad pun{cua}tio!n.}

Me, My Shelf and I said...

I so wish I could get my husband to read them, or anything for that matter. *sigh* well at least he will watch the movies with me when they come out....