Friday, September 4, 2009

Bobby Long, In Minneapolis!

What's that? Excuse me? You say you don't know who Bobby Long is? Gasp! Well let me catch you up. The following is taken from http://www.bobby-long.co.uk/

"Bobby Long is a British singer/songwriter from Calne, Wiltshire, South West England. He moved to London to pursue his musical career and is currently pursuing a tour in the United States. He likens his music to “drops of rain on a bull fighters back like punches breaking through a Windy Gail”. Bobby is most well-known for his work on the song “Let Me Sign” which he co-wrote with his friend Marcus Foster and which was performed by Robert Pattinson on the Twilight soundtrack."

On the 1st of September I was lucky enough to see him live at (get ready for this...) Gasthof Zur Gemutlichk Restaurant in Minneapolis. Don't ask me to pronounce it...really I have no idea how. The concert itself was set up by a great gal I met via Twi-Tour Minneapolis, Trina. She really does get to have all the fun! No really, I'm talking an extra in New Moon in ITALY! Running into Kristen Stweart in the bathroom and chatting her up for a bit, meeting Ashley Greene....see - all the fun, and that's the very short list of Trina's celeb encounters! (I'm only slightly jealous!)

The concert was great, the music was unbelievable, and Bobby was gracious and greeted each of his fans after the show. I was part of a select lucky few that got to go up after he left to eat and sit with him and chat and take some photos before he ran off to catch his flight to the next show. (All because of the lovely Trina of course!) He was, as everyone is, overjoyed to see my sister in law who won him over with her accent and the fact she is originally from England. They became two peas in a pod after that. I'm only "cool by association" LOL. But as long as it gets me little meet and greets I am ok with that!

Here's a few shots I took of the concert and Bobby with some fans afterward. I can't wait until he come back across the "Dirty Pond" as he would call it, for another American tour and another stop at Gasthof Zur Gemutlichk.



No comments: