Tuesday, September 23, 2008

And The Award For "Stupidity" Goes To....

I've never claimed to be the smartest person in the world, but I would like to think that I have an average amount of common sense. Enough so that I could properly function while getting ready for the day, and realize that there's really no point in grabbing the hot end of a curling iron unless you're just a total moron.

Hi. I'm a total moron!

Now I didn't do it on purpose. I wasn't trying some new age tactic of teaching Paige why you shouldn't grab hot things, although I think I scared her away from curling irons until she's at least 20. I was just under caffeinated and tired from the 4 day battle I have had with my raging hormones that I had forgotten I changed the normal position I have it in on the counter to save Paige from bumping into it while I did her hair for school pictures.

I blindly reached for it and...well you know that sound chicken makes when you first toss it on the skillet....yeah....that happened.

And it couldn't be Good Ol' Lefty, the hand I don't use for anything, at all, ever! No, it had to be my good friend Righty. Which made driving Paige to school interesting, but not nearly as interesting as having to teach my self how to...."clean up" after going to the bathroom.

Today is going to suck I think....but at least you all got a giggle out of it, and that it afterall what I'm here for.

1 comment:

Tayia said...

OUCH! I hope it heals fast for you. Loved the part about the chicken sound. I could hear the sizzle! Get better.