Friday, May 22, 2009

If You Give A Pregnant Woman A Broom.

Have you ever read the book "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie" by Laura Joffe Numeroff? It's about a mouse who makes a million requests to the young boy who owns him, simply to get through eating a cookie. For instance, he couldn't possibly eat that cookie with a out a straw, could he? Or drink that milk with out a straw? No! And he'll have to lean up the crumbs, right?

Well if you are familliar with the book, you'll be familliar with my comparison from it to my rather ADD way I go about cleaning, or as it's so been called over the past few days due to my pregnancy - "nesting" . Let me explain....

A typical day of cleaning would consist of me tidying the kitchen, finding a book of Paige's on the table and returning it to her room. While in her room I'll notice her bed is unkempt so I will make it, making me notice the cup of water on her headboard. This will bring me back to the kitchen where I will continue on with whatever it was I was doing before heading to Paige's room. I'll get something partially done again and see that the laundry detergent hasn't yet made it to the laundry room from the last trip to Target, so I will being it down. While in there I'll see that the laundry is piling up, head back upstairs to grab the bin of whites from the bathroom and head back down to start a load of laundry.

This could go on forever. You can now see how it's very like much a "If You Give A Mouse a Cookie" kinda cleaning schedule, though we should call it "If You Give A Pregnant Woman A Broom".

I have went to clean the kitchen up only to end up emptying and straightening ALL the drawers, re-organizing them, and making sure that the 50 some odd markers and 200 pens we have all worked, so I could throw away what didn't. They all worked. Why do we have so many pens!?

I went then into the bathroom to find my hair binder and wound up cleaning out all the cupboards, closets and drawers in there, and re-organizing.

I went into the baby's room to put some hair bands away, and wound up finding a board to hang on the wall I could clip them all too and organize them from there....

By the time the baby arrives I will have cleaned everything that probably didn't really need it right away...and left the stuff that still is in dire need of being completed! Oh-well, I suppose I've learned to deal with my "Cleaning ADD" so far in life, I can deal with it now.

I'm off to find something to eat, which could very possibly lead to me cleaning out and scrubbing the fridge.....hey...not a bad idea :0)

No comments: